Wednesday 3rd October, 2018.
10:00am - 4:00pm.
Synectics House, The Brampton, Newcastle-under-Lyme, ST5 0QY.
VAT per person.
(20% discount applied to any client wishing to send more than one delegate).
This course will explore the topic of Mortgage Fraud and provide some best practice guidance when investigating mortgage applications within SIRA for fraudulent activity.
SPACES ON THIS COURSE ARE LIMITED, BOOK BY WEDNESDAY 12th SEPTEMBER USING THE BOOKING FORM ON THE RIGHT TO GUARANTEE YOUR PLACE
By the end of the course, delegates will:
- Recognise the key elements of Mortgage Fraud, the motives behind it, it’s historic background and market context.
- Understand how Professional Enabler Fraud increase the risk of losses to their organisation by providing insights into Identifying and managing collusive activity between mortgage professionals.
- Through practical application increase their understanding of how Investigation Standards are relevant to mortgage fraud investigations.
- Understand the different Fraud Reasons that are most commonly seen in the industry with practical guidance provided on how to apply relevant standards of proof to their day to day activities.
- Through real life examples of False Supporting Documents, learn how to spot the false documents commonly seen in mortgage fraud cases across the industry.
10.00am - Arrival & Coffee
10.30am - Introductions
10.45am - Mortgage Fraud Overview:
- Fraud for Profit or Property
- Mortgage Lifecycle and Fraud
- 1st and 3rd Party Fraud
- Case Study
11.30am - Coffee Break
11.45am - Professional Enabler Fraud
- Case Study
12.30pm - LUNCH
1.15pm - Investigation Standards
- Fraud Act (2006)
- Standard of Proof
- SIRA Fraud Status
- Cifas Case Types
- Exemptions Under Section 29 under DPA (1998)
2:00pm - Fraud Reasons
- Residential vs Buy to Let National SIRA insights
- Most commonly seen mortgage fraud reasons in conjunction with burden of proof and status applied
- Case Study
3.00pm - Tea Break
3.15pm - False Supporting Documents Introduction
- Examples of false documents
3.45pm - Summary and Close
Trainer Biography: James Brown
James is a highly experienced fraud investigator having worked in this field within the financial services sector for over 10 years. He has a wealth of practical knowledge of how to combat mortgage fraud risks and has provided consultancy and training services on this subject matter to a number of mortgage providers. Using this knowledge and experience, he is now shaping the development of the Synectics Solutions product suite to help our customers mitigate the risk of fraud and financial crime within their organisations.
Who should attend?
This course is suitable for staff who are new to, or relatively inexperienced in, vetting mortgage applications for fraud concerns, along with anyone wishing to refresh their previous mortgage fraud knowledge / training.
In house delivery option
This programme can also be delivered in-house. Synectics Solutions Ltd offers bespoke tailored training solutions that help you achieve your business objectives.
What we can do for you:
- Design a bespoke programme that meets your organisation’s specific goals and objectives.
- Design training as a one-off exercise, or on a repeated basis as part of your company’s development, or as part of a major change programme.
- Personalise our approach by incorporating your corporate messages and goals.
- Provide complete flexibility with regards to location and timings.
- Offer differing course levels to cater for the varied experience levels of your staff.
For more detailed information regarding any in-house training please contact your Relationship Manager.