We are Synectics Solutions Ltd., a fraud prevention agency which works with organisations in the fight against fraud. Those organisations (our clients) include businesses from the finance sector, insurance sector and others who have a legitimate interest to prevent fraud against them.
Before our clients provide services, goods or financing to you, they may undertake checks for the purposes of preventing fraud and money laundering, and to verify your identity. These checks require them and us to process personal data about you.
What we process and share
The personal data you have provided, has been collected from you, or has been received from third parties may include your:
- date of birth
- residential address and address history
- contact details such as email address and telephone numbers
- financial information
- employment details
- identifiers assigned to your computer or other internet connected device including your Internet Protocol (IP) address
- vehicle details
When we process your personal data, we do so on the basis that our clients have a legitimate interest in preventing fraud and money laundering, and to verify identity, in order to protect their business and to comply with laws that apply to them. Such processing may also be a contractual requirement of the services or financing you have requested.
We may also enable law enforcement agencies to access and use your personal data to detect, investigate and prevent crime.
Fraud prevention agencies can hold your personal data for different periods of time, and if you are considered to pose a fraud or money laundering risk, your data can be held for up to six years.
As part of the processing of your personal data, decisions may be made by automated means. This means our clients may automatically decide that you pose a fraud or money laundering risk if:
- our processing reveals your behaviour to be consistent with that of known fraudsters or money launderers; or is inconsistent with your previous submissions; or
- you appear to have deliberately hidden your true identity.
You have rights in relation to automated decision making: if you want to know more please contact us using the details below.
Consequences of processing
If our client determines that you pose a fraud or money laundering risk, they may refuse to provide the services, goods or financing you have requested, or to employ you, or they may stop providing existing services to you.
A record of any fraud or money laundering risk may be passed to us and other fraud prevention agencies, and may result in others refusing to provide services, financing or employment to you. If you have any questions about this, please contact us on the details above.
We do not transfer your personal data outside of the European Economic Area.
- object to our processing of your personal data;
- request that your personal data is erased or corrected;
- request access to your personal data.
For more information or to exercise your data protection rights please, please contact us. Our compliance team and data protection officer can be contacted at [email protected] or in writing to PO Box 3700, STOKE-ON-TRENT, ST6 9ET.
If you are unhappy about how your personal data has been used please contact us using the contact details above. You also have a right to complain to the Information Commissioner's Office https://ico.org.uk/concerns, which regulates the processing of personal data.
Visitors to Synectics Solutions Ltd
We are Synectics Solutions Ltd. This information explains about the information we may collect from you when you visit our premises and how we use this information.
How we collect and use your information
When you arrive or at any time during your visit, we may collect information to enable us to identify you. We may ask you to provide this information through an electronic device or on paper.
The purpose of collecting this information is to enable us to perform security management of visitors to our premises. The information you provide may be printed or written on a visitor pass which we will ask you to wear during your visit.
The categories of information we collect
We may collect the following information
- Name and contact details
- A ‘passport-style’ photograph to ensure the visitor pass can only be used by you
- Whom you are visiting
- The date of your visit
Legal basis, storage, retention, sharing, automated decisions and data subject rights
- The processing of personal data is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests (secure visitor management) of Synectics Solutions Ltd. (the Data Controller). If you are unable to provide this information, we may not be able to grant you access to our premises.
- The information will be processed and retained by us in the UK for 1-year as a security record of your visit. It will not be transferred outside the UK or shared with anyone else. We will not make automated decisions affecting you with this personal data.
- As a data subject, you have a number of rights (including access to and rectification or erasure of personal data or restriction of processing). For more information or to exercise your data protection rights please, please contact us. Our compliance team and data protection officer can be contacted at [email protected] or in writing to PO Box 3700, Stoke-On-Trent, ST6 9ET.
- If you are unhappy about how your personal data has been used please contact us using the contact details above. You also have a right to complain to the Information Commissioner's Office https://ico.org.uk/concerns, which regulates the processing of personal data.